Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Something wonderfully goofy! A man, a woman, and a giant rabbit

And now for something completely different...

From Dangerous Rabbits...(In Albuquerque)

       Sam is my imaginary friend.
       No, I am neither four years old nor am I suffering from severe mental illness. I'm a little crazy, yes. But not big league crazy. Not hard-core Fly Over the Coconut's Nest crazy. I'm not some sort of Three Faces of Eve Q. Sybil type with multiple personalities who talks to aliens and garbage cans on a regular basis. I'm just, well, call it "eccentric."
       But, anyway, a few decades back, I went through a kind of difficult period in my life. And I didn't have a lot of friends so I thought I'd invent one. And so, Sam...
      Stop looking at me like that. I said I was odd. And before you start casting stones, think about the number of guys who play Fantasy Football. They've got whole damn teams of imaginary friends. I've just got Sam.
      So, in terms of numbers alone, I'm actually doing pretty good.


Sewell is just an ordinary guy. A bit nuts, yeah. But not so much as you'd notice. Just enough to have a Giant White Rabbit as his best friend.

But then Sewell met up with the beautiful pretend detective …and a very real murder. And all of a sudden Sewell's craziness looked downright sane.

Fortunately, when the chips are down, you can always count on your BFF…even if he is a wisecracking killer rabbit with commando training.

'Cause, after all. Sometimes a hare's gotta do what a hare's gotta do.

"On one level this is a witty, romantic, and light-hearted mystery comedy of a book," says Stewart Arthur Ravelin (author of The Kind And Gentle Fascist), "but on another, it is quite serious. It is the tale of a man so horribly abused that he has become something of a monster. But a monster determined to be on the side of the angels."

Dangerous Rabbits (In Albuquerque), now on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Rabbits-In-Albuquerque-ebook/dp/B00FPXQZZ6/


No comments:

Post a Comment