Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A message for the good folks at PayPal

Hello, Paypal!

Can I offer a suggestion for a product? I think it would be great if you had a Pay-What-You-Want (PWYW) button.

I run a teeny-tiny little e-book publishing company, Belfort and Bastion. We've started a new project where-by we offer our customers the ability to pay what they wish for any particular work.

It sounds like a sure fire road to ruin, but strangely enough, it does seem to work. At least about 50% of the time people do pay a little something.

I've rigged up a quick and dirty PWYW button on my own, but is it is very quick and very dirty. I'd love it if I could just download a PWYW button from PayPal.

It seems like it would be easy enough to do. Basically, it would be a minor modification of your existing "Donate" button.

Well, anyway, that's my idea. I'm sure other people have suggested it, but I figure that if I add my voices to those who propose it, y'all might get interested.

cheers
Michael Jay Tucker

No comments:

Post a Comment